Honestly, I went back and forth on if I should even write a post about the Sephora Sale. Although I’ve done my best to block out all negativity, fear, and overwhelming thoughts during this current pandemic, I can’t help but worry and stress sometimes. With that in mind, I want to remind you that I am not telling you that you need to shop. I’m not telling you where you should shop or what you should buy or how much to spend. In fact, I’m just here to tell you that IF you have the money and IF you want to shop, a sale is better than paying full price. So I’m still going to share my Sephora Sale Recommendations with the caveat that I am not pushing products on you and only you can know what’s best for you right now.
And one last thing – these are all affiliate links. In other words, if you shop through my links, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you. As a matter of fact, I still get a small commission on your purchase even if you don’t buy the exact item you click on. So thank you in advance for shopping through my links! Ok. Now that the heavy stuff is out of the way, we can get into the fun stuff!
The Sephora Sale happens twice a year. As long as you are a member of their Beauty Insider loyalty program, you get a discount! Plus there are usually two sales – one in the Spring and one before the Holidays. However, both the length of time you have to shop and the discount you will receive depend on your loyalty program tier level. The Spring Sephora Sale dates and details are as follows:
- VIB Rouge – 20% off – April 17 – May 1
- VIB – 15% off – April 21 – April 29
- Insider – 10% off – April 23 – April
Honestly, there are tons of different strategies when it comes to shopping the VIB Sale. In 2018 I broke down my favorite products by experience level. Then in 2019 I separated the categories by deals vs splurges. But this year, I think I just want to share all of my favorite things with you. During times of stress and unease, I always want to go for the “comfort foods” of the beauty world. You know – the tried and true products that will always work and always be there for you.
First, here are my Sephora Sale Recommendations if you want my beauty “comfort foods”:
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti Aging Concealer – $27 – I have shade 20 Medium for blemishes and 14.5 Light buff for under my eyes.
- Pat McGrath Labs Lust Gloss – $28 (full review here) – Fave shades – Divine Rose and Aphrodisiac – And it comes in mini trios for $25! Fave shade – Skin Show Nudes
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation – $44 (full review here)
- Natasha Denona Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette – $25
- Kaja Wink Stamp Kit – $25 (full review here)
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder – $39
- Innisfree Lip Balm – $10 – Fave shade – Wedding Peach Tea
- St Tropez Express Bronzing Mousse – $44
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask – $48 (full review here)
- Herbivore Orchid Facial Oil – $64
- Sephora Collection Under Eye Masks – $5
- Sephora Collection Makeup Wipes – $8
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo – $25 (full review here)
- Amika The Kure Shampoo – $18
- Amika The Wizard Detangling Primer – $25
- Tweezerman Tweezers – $23
- Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner – $25
- Beauty Blender Storage Case – $12 (or the Sephora Collection version for $8)
- Herbivore Rose Quartz Facial Roller – $40 (or the Sephora Collection version for $20)
- Beauty Blender – $20
- Makeup Eraser – $20
In the event that you want to add a shiny new spring launch to your collection, here are my top picks for new launches:
- Natasha Denona Mini Retro Palette – $25 (full review here)
- Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush – $20 (preview here – I haven’t tried this yet but my preview is getting insane traffic so I’m guessing it’s going to be hot)
- Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer – $32 (preview here – I haven’t tried this yet but my preview is getting insane traffic so I’m guessing it’s going to be hot)
Last but not least, my Sephora Sale Recommendations for if you want to add something trendy and cool to your shopping cart are the top 5 products currently on my blog:
- Ilia Beauty Super Serum Skin Tint – $46 (full review here)
- Pat McGrath Labs Skin Fetish Sublime Perfecting Concealer – $32 (full review here)
- Tarte SEA Breezy Cream Bronzer – $29 and Brush – $29 (full review here)
- Pat McGrath Labs OpuLUST Gloss – $30 (full review here) – And it comes in a mini trio for $25!
- Too Faced Shake Your Palm Palms Palette – $25 (Full review here)
In fact if you want to see them in action, you can check out my newest YouTube video! It’s a full get ready with me featuring all five of these perfect summer must haves.
In the past, we’ve all been able to go out and shop the sale in store. However, this year, everyone will be shopping online. Ultimately that might mean shipping delays and sold out items. In general I can’t remember anything being sold out during past sales. But after only a couple days of this sale, I’m already seeing products that are out of stock. Even brand new launches. Although that can be super frustrating, the discount code can be used more than once. So if something you want is currently sold out, you might keep checking back in until the sale ends because things might come back in stock. For example, my shampoo was sold out yesterday but is back in stock today.
Whether you decide to shop or skip the sale, it’s up to you. But if you’re like me and a new lip gloss or a little retail therapy can really brighten your day, there are a lot of great products to choose from. Even though we can’t go anywhere, you can always pick up some cute little travel minis too! After all we’ll be able to leave the house someday. So you might as well get to daydream about all of the places you’ll take your new little minis to pass the time!
Overall what do you think? Are you going to shop the Sephora Sale? What’s on your list? What are your Sephora Sale Recommendations I should check out? Let me know in the comments below.
Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to stay up to date on the latest product reviews, style and beauty trends, and exciting upcoming launch info!
One Reply to “Sephora Sale Recommendations – Spring 2020”
I probably won’t shop the sale. Partly because I just parted with some cash at Ulta (bought the simple human mirror, I’m hoping it’s amazing), and partly because the last few times I ordered from Sephora, they sent the wrong things and it was a pain to get it sorted. However, 15% off is tempting… maybe I’ll get a tatcha or kerastase product? What can I say, I’m a shopaholic. Lol