As a lover of glitter and glam, it should be no surprise to anyone that I’m a huge fan of the holidays. Everything is better covered in twinkle lights and a thin layer of glitter, am I right? Of course it’s inevitable that holiday makeup collections are my favorite. With that being said, MAC Shiny Pretty Things Holiday 2018 collection is so great the highlighters are literally formed to look like they are tied up with a bow.
Here is everything included in the new MAC Shiny Pretty Things Holiday 2018 collection:
- Individual lipsticks x5 – Both Cheeks, A Wink Of Pink, Babetown, At Leisure, Straight Fire
- Individual lip glosses x4 – Tudor Rose, Ice Orchid, Scarcely Seen, Caketop, Rosebuddy
- Highlighters x2 – Oh Darling, Snowflushed
- Dazzleliner x4 – A Little Moonlight, Statuesque, Midnight Toast, Holiday Time!
- Dazzleshadow eye shadows x5 – Major Win, Joy To, P For Pink, Make A Wish, Just Chilling
- Mini lipstick kits x2 – Brights, Nudes
- Mini lip gloss kits x2 – Nude, Pink
- Brush kits x2 – Eye, Face
- Eyeshadow palettes x2 – Smoky, Rose
- Face compacts x2 – Medium, Fair
- Mini pigment kits x2 – Gold, Pink
- Glow getter kit
- 10 piece mini lipstick kit
As a makeup addict, it’s hard to get on board with some of these sets. They just contain too many dupes or redundancies with products I already own. Plus, although they’re super cute, I’m not a fan of the size of the tiny lipsticks. They’re just SO tiny. It feels like it would be a lot easier to make mistakes with something so small. Now don’t get me wrong, the best things DO come in small packages. Just not lipstick.
However, these sets are PERFECT for beginners or people wanting to try new things. Maybe you’re a makeup newbie and want to dip your toe into something more experimental. Or maybe you have a daughter, niece, sister that is just getting into makeup. These sets would make great gifts.
The palettes are great options for people that want to try new shades or get a little wild without committing to so many individual pieces. And the gloss sets are awesome for those who want a bold look but a neutral “safe bet” as well. Plus, the full lipstick set with 10 different lipstick shades is a must have for anyone. I would have bought it, but I already have most of the shades in my lipstick drawer. Oops.
So, what did I buy? I didn’t buy a whole lot this season. Which makes me sad, but makes my bank account very happy. I absolutely had to go with the Dazzleliner in A Little Moonlight and the lipstick single in Babetown. A Little Moonlight is perfect for any holiday event or GNO and Babetown is the perfect every day “sheer pink” when you just need a little somethin’ somethin’. (Both pictured below.) For some reason, my local store didn’t have the Dazzleliner in Midnight Toast in their display or set, so I may just have to buy it online or go find it elsewhere. As you all know from my past posts, I’m really into blue eye makeup right now.
Is anything from the MAC Shiny Pretty Things Holiday 2018 collection on your Christmas list? Comment below!